Hitting the market next year will be the newest in the Melni line of connectors. The MPV-4 Solar Connector will allow you to quickly and easily join stranded, solid, and even ultra flex conductors.
- Ease of Installation: The MPV-4 connector is easy to use. Just insert the stripped cable, twist the end caps to tighten the patented spiral insert, and then tighten the water-proofing caps.
- Installation Time: Each side of the MPV-4 can be installed in less than a minute. NO CRIMPING REQUIRED! This allows nearly two Melni connectors to be installed in the time it takes to install one conventional connector!
- Range Variance: The MPV-4 will accept #14-#10 AWG wires.
- Waterproof connection: The Melni Connector is waterproof with sealing caps that compress a neoprene bushing around the cable.
- Color Coded Design: This enables electricians and linemen to quickly identify male and female connectors. The clear polycarbonate body is tinted blue (male) and yellow (female) so that when the connectors are connected to each other the resulting color is green.
- The cable is saved when replacing a connector: By breaking the locking caps on either end, a MPV-4 can be replaced without having to cut out a section of the conductor.
- Toolbox Simplification: It’s no longer necessary to keep a list of things needed to make a proper connection, like the barrel crimp, crimper, proper dies for the crimper, and all the tapes and shrink wraps.