Mission Statement & Company History
The mission at Melni Connectors is to provide quality products and exemplary service to our customers. We strive to improve the industry by offering innovative solutions for making electrical connections. Our goal is to become a leading manufacturer in electrical connectors while creating a safer workplace for employees worldwide and maintaining a lucrative return for our investors and a challenging work place for our employees.
- In the Summer of 2007, the Melni Electrical Connector technology was invented by Mark Melni in his garage in Twin Falls, Idaho.
- A Provisional Patent for one-year protection of the IP was filed with the United States Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO) in February, 2008.
- United States domestic and foreign Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) patents were filed in February of 2009.
- May 26, 2010 – Melni, LLC, was voted the Entrepreneur of the year for the State of Idaho and awarded the $10,000 1st prize.
- United States Patent # 7794255 issued September 14, 2010.
- June 2012, the first prototypes for the 4/0 connector were tested at the Idaho National Laboratories (INL). The device surpassed UL 486D standards.
- March 2014 – The molds for the 4/0 and 2/0 connectors completed.
- October 2014 – Melni partnered with ICII for distribution in the agriculture market.
- December 2014 – Molds for the Melni Connector completed.
- March 2015 – Production has begun!!
- April 17th 2015 – Owner and inventor Mark Melni on ABC’s SHARK TANK